Saturday, October 9, 2010

Maldives.

one of my favorite destination. am sure everyone heard and seen much of her that i don't need to emphasize more :)



spent the whole day outdoor. i love the sun! went snorkeling as early as 8 something in the morning, just off the shore. the corals and fishes were so colorful and pretty. visibility about 1.5 metres, the water is shallow and not forgetting clear and warm! up to a point whereby there's a sudden drop of seabed from about 10m to 40m deep, the water turns chilly. and guess what did i had a glimpse of around the drop? reef shark! not cute lil ones but an adult shark. wth i PANICKED and immediately fled as near to shore as possible. i could literally felt my heart pumping in my throat. watching Jaws in my younger years doesn't give me a good impression on sharks. hehee. anyway despite the scare, i made another visit at the drop cause my snorkel buddy was excited to wanting to encounter one himself. we were both intimidated yet thrilled to see one the same time. lols.


we had lunch break around 11-2pm with the rest of crew. after lunch few of us took a stroll around the resort, feeling the whistling breeze on our face and blending into the calm and serenity the island gives out. and of course, cam whored. me and my snorkel buddy went back snorkeling shortly after. both of us are suffering from sunburn on our backs now, the result of long hours of exposure under the sun without any sunblock. hee..

a happily toasted me

both flight into and out of Maldives were manageable. though we had (low possibility) terrorist threat out of Maldives. the airport tightened the security screening and we were told take be alert at all times. this line of job can be risky at times huh? but nevertheless, it's worth the experience of seeing the world and the people. and the colorful fishes in Maldives! :))

love, me.

No comments: